“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
Do you have something that you want to do, or change, in your life? You can do it! You have everything within you to make it happen.
First, what is it that you desire to make happen your life . . . moving forward, making a change, drawing something different into your life, or simply one of your 2013 resolutions?
Make sure you know what that ‘something’ is and be as clear as possible. The clearer your vision, the greater the probability and speed that it will happen.
I encourage you to think of this as a creative process. For many of us, images carry as much meaning as words. Start gathering pictures that strike you, examples, jot down ideas/thoughts, doodles, people who are doing something similar, symbols . . . It does not have to ‘make perfect sense’. Use a folder or start a visioning book.
Now, you know what you want, you are getting a clear picture and you are committed to it. You are well on your way! Getting from here to your goal is about staying focused, the choices you make, your attitude, your intentions and of course your actions.
- Focus: You get more of what you focus on. When you add a level of passion and excitement that increases with each small success, your goal comes more quickly and easily.
- Choice: Each choice you make, needs to be made with your goal in mind. For example, is your choice taking you closer to your goal, or further away?
- Attitude: A positive attitude about attaining your goal is essential! Keep your attitude positive, excited even, and as much as possible surround yourself with positive people who support you attaining your goal and who believe in you.
- Intentions: Intentions are powerful tools to help you attain the goals you are working towards. They help to direct the mind and to keep you focused on your desired results.
- Actions: Actions, those small consistent steps, one after another, are what gets you to your goal.
Want to hear more? Come to “You Make it Happen!” Workshop, Saturday, January 26th2:00 p.m. at the Fort Wayne Public Library, Globe Room. Come for encouragement, a bit of play, information, laughs and a productive creative adventure. It is all about you making it happen in your life. Written materials will be provided.Pencils/pens and a notebook are encouraged! The workshop is free.
If you cannot make it to the workshop stay tuned, more to come. Also, check out my Pinterest site and my Making It Happen board.
If you have any questions call me at 260 479-9766.